Welcome to "The Spin Cycle of Life".

This blog is my little creation as a way for ME to share with YOU all the fun and amazing things I am learning now that I have become a full time stay at home mom! Besides my children, my new little hobbies are Photography, Photo Editing, Digital Scrapbooking, and BLOGGING! I have been lucky enought to have a wonderful group of "lady" friends who have taught me sooo much in each of these areas...and I hope I can pass it all on to you! Enjoy!


And the name you ask......????Well, don't we all have days where we feel like we are on the spin cycle! ;)

Monday, April 12, 2010

CREATING A SLIDE SHOW ROTATING HEADER

Have you ever seen those beautiful headers that rotate people pictures through it? Ever wanted one...well now you can have it! :) Here's how.....


- You want to make your header approximately the width of your blog. If you’ve followed the MAKING YOUR CENTER BLOG WIDER instructions, your blog width will now be 1000px, so keep that in mind. If you didnt, it should be 660px. Her recommended length is 300 pixels, but I found that to be very hard to work with. It’s so long and thin. SO you could go anywhere from 300- 400 pixels. Remember, the more pictures you have the slower your blog will load, so it’s suggested that you keep it between 2 – 5 pictures. Remember you can stretch your photos if you need to by following THIS EDITING TIP that I got from CoffeeShop.


- Remember ALL of your pictures have to be the same size for this to work!


- Go to Tinypic.com or Imagehost.org and upload your design. Copy the Directlink(tinypic.com) or the Hotlink(imagehost.com)


- Now minimize that screen and go to HTML BASIX


- Click on "Automatically Refresh Images" and set how often you want them to flash. I recommend ever 6 seconds.


- Enter the image height and width in pixels.


- Now, take the direct link(tinypic.com) or Hotlink(Imagehost.com) for your photo that you copied and paste it where it says “URL of Image.” Do this for as many pictures as you need for your slideshow.


- Click Generate.


- Now you will see a very long code. Click on Select All. This will highlight the entire code, and you can just right click to copy that code.


- Now just go back to you blog, click Customize, Layout, Page Elements. Then go to the top and click on “Add a Gadget.”


- Select HTML/ JavaScript, paste the code there and save. Now you should have a slideshow header.


TIP: you can also do the as a small square slide show that will go on your side bar. You images should all be down to about 200x200 px to fit.


.

1 comment:

  1. Eureka! I have been looking for ways to put an interesting slideshow on my blog. Then I found your writing. It must be a special information for my development. You need to know that I am only a newbie in blogging world. So, thank you very much, dear friend...

    Tiyo - Indonesia

    ReplyDelete