Welcome to "The Spin Cycle of Life".

This blog is my little creation as a way for ME to share with YOU all the fun and amazing things I am learning now that I have become a full time stay at home mom! Besides my children, my new little hobbies are Photography, Photo Editing, Digital Scrapbooking, and BLOGGING! I have been lucky enought to have a wonderful group of "lady" friends who have taught me sooo much in each of these areas...and I hope I can pass it all on to you! Enjoy!


And the name you ask......????Well, don't we all have days where we feel like we are on the spin cycle! ;)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Installing Pre-Made blog backgrounds

There are MANY sites that you can get beautiful FREE, pre made backgrounds. ANd installing them is soooo easy. Its one of those things you can do over and over and over again...as often as your heart desires! :) Here is a few of my favorites:


- Scrap-e-blog

- Cutest Blog on the Block

- Shabby Blogs

- CoffeeShop


- Copy the code that is given to you with the background. It's a long code that starts and ends with < script >. Make sure you copy it all.


- Go to your blog and go to your Dashboard and hit Layouts, then Page Elements. Or Go to Customize, then layouts then Page Elements.


- Click to "ADD a Gadget". You can use it anywhere...but I normal use the very bottom one to keep it out of the way. In the TITLE spot, leave it blank. If you type in it, it WILL show on your blog. In the CONTENT spot, paste your code. Hit save and then "preview your blog".


You can go back and change your blog background as many times as you want by taking the same steps. Just make sure you always use the same "gadget" spot, and delete your old code before pasting the new one.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment